Tuesday 12 October 2010

1second can change so many lives

A bloody cat got it's own back on the dog across the road this morning as the dog ran foaming at the mouth straight under my van!
Three grown men in tears - 1 dead dog and the cat purring on the footpath unaware the trauma it had just caused. (Well not really but Im a dog lover you see)
I wouldn't have believed you could kill a large dog stone dead at 15-20 mph but I had. The owner was there and witnessed the whole thing - He said it wasn't my fault but it didn't make me feel any better.
I kept playing the scenario through my mind - Could I have done something? - Was it my fault? - What if it had been a child? However I knew in my heart it wasnt my fault I was doing 15-20mph in a 30 zone. It was just a tragic accident and a beloved pets over excitement. Yes the man should have had the dog on a leash. He knew that and it would have done no one any good to have told him.
I said sorry it was all I could say, I drove around the corner and pulled over still shaking. I telephoned my partner Shirley and started to deal with the remaining guilt & emotion.
Yes I still have the memory and I'm not having the nice relaxing day I'd planned but my emotions are intact and I don't feel guilty anymore.
Even I need EFT in an emergency do you?

1 comment: