Monday 1 March 2010

!st March - Spring is in the air!

Well! What a glorious day we've had today in East Riding of Yorkshire, I hope the 1st of March herald's the start of Spring. I work outside all day and I love it, but I have to say even I've had enough frost & snow to last me for a while.

I'm often asked which season I prefer and in all honesty I enjoy them all, Spring brings new life to our countryside & gardens. Summer has balmy warm days when the Sun makes us feel alive and refreshed. Autumn has a vivid array of colours and reminds us its time to stock up on Winter fuel. Winter then backs up the year and although it has some miserable cold wet days the scenery is still astounding with beautiful snow cast hills.

Until I started to write this piece I really believed Autumn was my favorite season. But no! I like them all. I also believe we are priviliged in the UK to have such diversity around us, most people walk bye and never notice what's around them. Where else in the world can you find such a vast amount of plant and animal life?

So! I hope this is the start of Spring - time to plant and grow - Time to put plans into operation - It will be Winter before we can blink.

Pass this on to a few of your friends. See if you can get them to look at the good in this country instead of the bad. I'm trying to have my glass half full and you know what I feel lots better for it!

Until next time bfn

No comments:

Post a Comment