Sunday 7 November 2010

Try something new !

Last Sunday evening I was cajoled into starting 'Salsa' classes at our local indoor bowls club. Now I love dancing but I'm no John Travolta - I can hold my own after a couple of beers - I think!
However when it comes to dancing in some sort of order, I usually make an excuse to prop up the bar. I have five left feet and four right, so you can imagine the conversation between my partner Shirley and I last Sunday morning.
I must also inform you of the fact that I abhor walking into a room full of strangers, let alone have dance lessons. Sometimes though you just have to grab the bull by the horns and go for it! So I put on my best bib and tucker and after several rounds of tapping with EFT, we set off.
Well I was astounded, the people there were very warm and friendly and I not only found it easy to learn - I bloody well enjoyed it.
YES I enjoyed it - So much so that as I write this - Shirley is getting ready for our second session. I can only say "Try something new at every opportunity, with as much variation as possible."
And you know what? Every person in that dance class last week was on their sixth lesson - I was under the misapprehension it was the first for all of us.

So dancing shoes on - I'll let you know how it went tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. Well done Barry & Shirley, I can't dance, had lessons 30 years ago which is where I learned I have NO sense of rhythm and a lousy memory for the routine :(

    ReplyDelete