Thursday 11 February 2010

Driving

I used to look forward to driving, I found it relaxing. I did a lot of thinking while driving and I could put my music on as loud as I wanted. The only thing I offended was the broken speakers every few months, well maybe not broken but certainly warped. The scenery was interesting and you could put your foot down within reason on relatively quiet roads.

Not anymore, 40 MPH restrictions, 40 MPH lorries, 20 MPH white knuckled drivers who should have given up and used public transport long ago. Oh and foriegn drivers who should never be allowed off the ferry, not to mention the army of school runs who have a hair appointment on their way home and God help you if you hinder them.

Which idiot decided lorries should only be allowed to do 40 MPH and speed restrictions save lives. Absolute rubbish! Every day thousands of drivers become frustrated at being stuck for miles behind a fleet of slow moving lorries. Oh and the odd farm idiots driving tractors at 10 MPH, oblivious to all behind them. (When I was farming I was told - If more than 6 vehicles were behind I should pull off and let them pass.) Now it's lets see how many peoples days I can screw up.

I work 23 miles from home - There are 14 speed restrictions on the 23 mile stretch, It used to take me 20 minutes to get to work now it's 1 hour 20 minutes if I'm lucky. The do gooders who have put restrictions on otherwise careful drivers will tell you that statistics prove they are correct. However I know someone who is a statistition and they will tell you, you can make statistics look as you want.

All that happens is people get frustrated and overtake in dangerous places, boy racers drive at night when the speed van has gone home and the only people who get speeding fines are commuters going to and from work. (Another government tax)

No Sir! Driving is no longer a pleasure - mobile phones have been banned rightly or wrongly. Yet I beg the question - How many people have been killed or seriously injured because they were more concerned with concentrating on their speedometer than on the road?
Ah well! Thats got that off my chest and it will probably change nothing - but I feel a lot better and I'm off to tap on all the above. Oh sorry by tapping I mean EFT Emotional Freedom Technique
Please check out http://www.frontline-eft.com/
Drive safely - ttfn.

No comments:

Post a Comment